The Butterfly Effect Newsletter of the Image Gently Alliance
- Current and past editions of our newsletter, The Butterfly Effect, can be found here.
In the News
05/05/2021: Optimized protocol for repeated chest X-ray in a pediatric cardiac intensive care unit
04/12/2021: A systematic review and meta-analysis of radiation dose exposure from computed tomography examination of thorax-abdomen-pelvic regions among paediatric population
03/29/2021: New image quality and dose reduction technique for pediatric digital radiography
- 2/10/2020: The Image Gently Alliance is so pleased to welcome a new member to its Steering Committee: Quentin T. Moore, PhD, MPH, R.T.(R)(T)(QM) - Read his bio!
- 2/5/2020: Dr. Omolola Atalabi presented last month on behalf of Image Gently at the Pediatric Radiology Radiation Protection and Referral Guidelines Workshop held in Johannesburg, South Africa - See her report!
1/14/2020 Call for Translations: Over the past few years, the Image Gently Alliance has developed 8 posters representing various campaigns, which have been presented at the European Congress of Radiology and a variety of other venues. Originally developed in English, these posters have presented various aspects of pediatric imaging upon which Image Gently has provided guidance and information. Through this advocacy, the Alliance mission is to improve safe and effective imaging care of children worldwide. Thus, we are putting out this call for translations. The Alliance would appreciate translation into any language understood by a good number of individuals interested in the material including but not limited to Arabic, Bengali, traditional Chinese, French, and Hindi. The posters have already been or are currently in the process of being translated into Portuguese, Russian, Romanian, Simple Chinese, Farsi, and Spanish. Alliance educational materials are always free and available for use by individuals or local organizations. Those interested in assisting the Alliance in this effort, especially as organizational or societal liaisons (and translations then can be cobranded) should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. One campaign poster shown as an example. To view more, visit the Posters Page.
- 11/25/2019: Image Gently Statement: Improved Estimates of Radiation Dose During Pediatric Head CT Evaluations
- 11/20/2019: From Health Imaging: Radiology efforts over past decade led to 20% drop in patient’s radiation dose, report shows
- 11/12/2019: Image Gently's Endorsement Statement: AAPM Gonadal Shielding Position
- 10/31/2019: From the Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma: Radiation protection and standardization
- 8/22/2019: An open letter to the x-ray imaging community from the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
- 8/13/2019: Utilization of a Radiation Safety Time-Out Reduces Radiation Exposure During Electrophysiology Procedures
- 8/5/2019: Radiation dose to the paediatric undergoing diagnostic coronary angiography and percutaneous intervention procedures
- 7/25/2019: Simple preoperative radiation safety interventions significantly lower radiation doses during central venous line placement in children [Read more...]
- 7/3/2019: Update: Image Gently and Nuclear Medicine at 10 Years [Read more...]
- 5/3/2018: Management Decisions for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Significantly Affect Patient Radiation Exposure [Read more...]
- 1/3/2018: Development of a tool to aid the radiologic technologist using augmented reality and computer vision .. [Read more]
- 12/12/2017: To sedate or not to sedate… General anesthetic considerations in pediatric imaging Read more
- 12/5/2017: Imaging is likely not indicated among children who present with nontraumatic back pain without evidence of clinical red flags […] Read more
- 11/27/2017: FDA: Pediatric Information for X-ray Imaging Guidance Document: Today, FDA published a final guidance document entitled “Pediatric Information for X-ray Imaging Device Premarket Notifications,” encouraging manufacturers to consider child safety when designing X-ray imaging devices. [...] Read more
- 11/16/17: Imaging in Child Abuse - Caffey’s landmark article of 1946 noted an association between healing long-bone fractures and chronic subdural hematomas in infancy, and it was the first to [...] Read more
- 11/14/2017: Brain MRI findings in pediatric patients post ECMO
- 11/06/2017: First Trip to the Dentist
- 10/30/2017: Diffusion-Tensor Imaging of the Physes: A Possible Biomarker for Skeletal Growth - Experience with 151 Children
- 10/2/2017: Optimizing Medical Imaging for Children of All Sizes
- 10/1/2017: New Guidance for Pediatric CT by AAPM Alliance for Quality Computed Tomography
- 9/18/2017: New Children's ERs choosing ultrasound over CT for tummy pain; general ERs encouraged to follow suit
- 8/22/2017: New app assesses radiation dosage in pediatric imaging
- 4/10/2017: 8th Annual Medical Technology Showcase